Buying a Condo in Calgary, Realtor® Help
Knowledge is Key
Having someone with experience guide you is extremely important when buying a condo. Questions will come up, I am here to help - simply ask.
Each section is separated and will link you to the corresponding sections to learn more.
A condominium is simply a building or group of buildings with several individually owned units or houses. This can be an apartment or townhouse complex or detached homes.
- Conventional Condo - typically apartment style and townhouse or row house. You normally own the unit itself with no yard.
- Bareland Condo - typically detached but can also be town or row housing, your yard or garage can also be part of your ownership.
- What is right for my lifestyle?
- What should I know before choose?
- Don't Tell Me What to Do!
- What Are Condo Fees and Why Do I Have to Pay Them?
- What Do Condominium Fees Cover?
- Special Assessments - What is that?
All condominiums in Alberta will have by-laws registered with land titles. These are the rules for you, other owners, the board and management.
By purchasing a condo, essentially you are buying shares in a corporation. With that, you want to know how the corporation is being managed. Your conditional offer will be subject to reviewing the following:
- Financials and Budgets
- Engineering Reports
- Meeting Minutes
- Annual General Meeting Minutes
- Judgements Against the Corporation (if any)
- Reserve Fund Study and Recommendations
- Home Buying 101
- Financing / Mortgages
- House Hunting
I have personally owned condos and have help guide hundreds of clients through the condo home buying process. With over 17 years experience, you can confidently make your Calgary condo purchase with my trusted guidance.